Submit application before June 23, 2020
Open PhD student position in “Design and fabrication of a geometric phase elements for optical polarimetry” to join the group of Prof. Ignacio Moreno at TecnOPTO Lab, Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche (UMH), Spain (http://tecnopto.edu.umh.es)
We are looking for a MSc preferably with experience in experimental optics and photonics, to develop a PhD Thesis in the field of optical polarimetry within a grant from the Valencian Government, Santiago Grisolía Program, ref. GRISOLIAP/2020/004: WEB GRISOLIA/2020/
- The candidate must hold a MSc degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optics or related degree from a non-Spanish institution. The degree must have finished after
January 1st 2016 and must qualify to enter a PhD program.
- Candidates must not hold a previous PhD degree (the selected candidate will have to enroll a UMH Doctorate Program when starting the contract).
- English language OR Spanish (Spanish language is NOT required).
- Work experience in experimental and instrumental optics.
- Computational skills (Matlab, C++ , Labview…)
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Period: Three years (renewable every year)
- Starting date: October 1st 2020