The search for adequate candidates will be open until the position is filled.
The Laboratory of Optics at Murcia University (LOUM) develops new optical technologies to be applied in biomedicine. LOUM pioneered different technologies based in advanced photonics in Ophthalmology. LOUM research is funded by different national and international sources. The Laboratory is looking for recent MSc and/or PhDs with experience in experimental optics and photonics and motivated to transfer the ideas to real applications.
Required qualifications and experience:
- MSc or PhD degree in optics, physics, electrical engineering or related topic.
- Previous work experience in experimental and instrumental optics will be valued.
- Previous experience in optical design and modeling will be an asset.
- Spanish language is NOT required.
- Salary will be within the University of Murcia scale (full time), including social security and institutional benefits.
- Starting date: Spring 2022
- Duration: One year (with possible extension). Pre-doctoral position could be extended for the duration of the doctoral thesis.
Information on the research activities of the Artal’s optics lab can be obtained through the web page: http://lo.um.es; and on Murcia (Murcia is the Region capital city located in the south-est of Spain, 40 km from the Mediterranean Sea) from the University of Murcia web page: http://www.um.es/english/general-inf.php. The weather in Murcia is good year round and the area offers plenty of outdoor and cultural recreations opportunities.