Grants and Awards
SPOF and the organizers of AOP2017 will do the best to support the participation at AOP2017 of students and young researchers from economically deprived regions.
The International Commission for Optics, ICO, supports the participation of students and young researchers at AOP2017 with a grant of US $ 2000 to assist the participation of students and highly deserving young scientists.
- SPIE’ Best Student Paper Award * Winners
- EOS Awards for Best Student Poster Presentations **
- Best PhD Thesis in Optics and Photonics in Portugal in 2015.
- Best PhD Thesis in Optics and Photonics in Portugal in 2016.
* SPIE-sponsored Best Student Paper Awards are designed to encourage and acknowledge excellence in student papers, presented orally or as posters.
SPIE has agreed to offer the following prizes for each winning student:
- Monetary prize
- Free Digital Library downloads
- Free one-year SPIE Student Membership.
1st - US $250, 50 Digital Library downloads
2nd - US $150, 25 Digital Library downloads
3rd – US $100, 15 Digital Library downloads
** “EOS Awards for Best Student Poster Presentations“